Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fun, warm, sunny, beautiful, San Diego!

After a whole day in the car, we made it! I set the alarm for 3 am, but come to find out at 6am, the regular time was set for pm and it really screwed things up. Now I check the am and pm, duh. We love to eat good food so Jer looked up some places before we left. This was at Boomerang's. They have awesome burgers. We got there early so it was empty. Soon more people came. Two ladies came up and asked if our kids were twins. We said no. So then she asked if they were triplets. It's not like they are the same size. They were shocked that I actually had FOUR kids. I saw her mouth as we left, four kids! Maybe I just look too good to have had 4 kids. Ha ha ya right. The bar tender did come up and tell us our kids were very well behaved too.
He is always so serious!


Our first day we went to Sea World. We met the Hickmans there. They were up at Disneyland for the week and drove down for the day.


Jer and Ben have been friends since before their missions. Ben is a crack up. Every once in a while he pulls out his Ace Ventura moves. We love it. We bought an all day dining deal and Ben made sure he got his moneys worth! He was getting food about every 5 minutes. So we were laughing about that too.



























Shamu Shamu Shamu! We loved this. The dolphin show was being re done, bummer. Hayden and Sophie are still playing Shamu on the couch and splashing each other. So cute. I am glad they can remember. I wish the trainers could have been in the water. It was way cooler then. Sydnie wants to be a trainer now. But who doesn't after that. I did.








Ship Wreck Rapids. We got soaked!









Journey to Atlantis. Not quite as fun as Splash Mountain. But since we didn't go to Disney, at least we had some thrill.




































My friend Natalie told us to go to Konos for breakfast. It was awesome and yummy and cheap! Thanks Nat! We are still making fun of one of the locals that came over. She was like, wow it's crowded today. Someone offered their table. She said "word". Duh who talks like that. "Word"














Highway to the Danger Zone. Eject! Eject!













In the Brig on the USS Midway.















Future Naval Aviators.
















On top of the Midway.
















Thanks to J and J for telling us about the Fish Market next to the Midway. We sat right on the water. It was so cool to be in the bay and watching ships, and aircraft carriers, and helicopters. And yummy food. Once again people were shocked we had FOUR kids.



















GO- RILL- A. (Tarzan)























He is so cute!


















Another cutie.
There was a little baby gorilla named Frank. He came right up to Soph and put his hands up on hers. I sure missed that photo. Too bad.




















Soph said her favorite thing was the Polar Bears.














































Fresh Seal Pups for dinner.






















Aw the beach. I have never liked the beach. But this time was not bad. I hate sand and wind still. The kids are older so it made things a ton easier. We went up to La Jolla cove because all the ads told us to. We found the children's beach but it was freaking blocked off for pupping season. Why would you build a huge wall and make a perfect spot for kids to snorkel and then give it up to seals. It's not like seals are endangered. So we went up to the regular beach. There was some disgusting homeless lady sleeping in her car where we parked. She freaking peed in a bowl and then dumped it right in the parking lot. I about puked. My kids were totally grossed out too. She was still sleeping after the 4 hours we were there. Sick just get out and walk 20 feet to the bathroom!
















































































































We are about to celebrate our 13th anniversary! This is where Jer took me for our honeymoon. We are more in love now. Love you babe! Thanks for working hard and taking us out of town. Let's go again real soon OK.































In 5th grade at our school there is a wax museum day. The kids had to find an American Hero to dress up as. She chose Abraham Lincoln. We went to see her at school and it felt like going to a funeral. There was quite music and everyone was so bored and sad looking. It was funny. Since she is in ALL she had to do a big report and make up a poem. We went back to her class and they all had a button to push to recite the poem. We wanted her to just pound her fist and say " Blah blah blah, I never lie". If you have seen Night at the Museum 2. It would be funny. I can't believe school is out next week. The countdown is here. I am dreading summer. But we will make it fun. We have cheer and baseball and T ball to keep us busy. Word.






























4 comments:

Joanna said...

I guarantee people were surprised at your 4 kids cuz you look SO freakin' awesome! NO QUESTION! word.

Christensen family said...

I agree with Joanna. Also I can't believe the homeless lady that is DISGUSTING! We went to San Diego when I was pregnant with Landon (7 months) after going to the Midway I couldn't walk the rest of the day. Seriously. We also went to La Jolla beach, very pretty and fun, but we didn't get the luxury of seeing a homeless woman pee in a bowl. :)

Natalie said...

You are hilarious! Your trip looks fun! You really don't like the beach? You need to find a better one to go to. The picture of Sydnie -Abe- is so funny!

Kris said...

Love the pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time. The story of the homeless lady is classic!